Why Jatropha: India and other developing country have potential to be leading world producer of biodiesel but rural farmers still need to get comfortable with idea that diesel fuel can be harvested but they understand one thing very clear that they can use biodiesel tree/crop/plant as a source of extra income/earnings by utilizing the land that was of no use.
About Jatropha: Height of Jatropha increases up to 3 to 6 meter. Season-Plantation of Jatropha can be done during June to September. Distance between two plants should be 6 foot. The trees are deciduous, shedding the leaves in the dry season. Flowering occurs during the wet season and two flowering peaks are often seen. In permanently humid regions, flowering occurs throughout the year.
Benefits of Jatropha plantation:
1. Due to Jatropha plantation farmers will get fencing to his farm without any cost.
2. Humidity of soil &air increases as well as productivity of farm also increases .
3. It helps to improve water absorption capacity of soil and decreases the temperature of soil.
4. It decreases soil erosion.
5. It helps to increase humus in soil due to decomposition of leaves and other planting material.
Benefits to the farmers given by company:
1. Complete guidance to farmers from plantation to harvesting.
2. Kissan discount card
3. Proper guidance for increasing the production of other crops also.
4. Soil Testing Information
5. Guidance for planting other medicinal plants and Horticultural crops.
6. Government Policies & other subsidies.
7. Guidance for organic farming.
Production: Production per plant /tree can be 5 to 20 kg.Production depends on weather condition of that particular place.